Home > Workshop information > Biographical Statements >Kypreos
Biographical Statements of Keynote Speakers and Discussants
Federal Environmental Agency
Climate Change Division (I 4.1)
Wörlitzer Platz 1
Phone: +49 (0340) 2103 2193
Fax: +49 (0340) 2104 2193
scientific employee, Federal Environmental Agency , Germany in Berlin since April 2002.
- EU Expert Group on Further Action preparing negotiations on further action under the Kyoto Protocol and the UNFCCC.
- Economic modelling of greenhouse gas stabilisation at low levels aiming at improving knowledge about the role of technological change and at regional scale information on technology use and economic cost.
- Long-term mitigation scenarios for Industrialized and Developing countries.
- Assistant to Detlef Sprinz, Ph.D. at Potsdam Institute for climate impact research (2001).
- Internship at the Ministry of the Environment, Unit for Ecological Tax Reform in Germany (2001/2002).
- Diploma (MA) in Political Science (2001), University of Potsdam , Germany.
- Thesis on "Climate Policy in a Multi-Level System - the EU and its Memberstates".
Professional Skills: Interdisciplinary research and teaching in
- International relations,
- Political methodology,
- European and international environmental policy,
- Political institutions & effectiveness of international regimes, and
- European and international negotiations
- Global climate policy, differentiation of commitments
- Niklas; Michel den Elzen; Martin Weiss, 2004: "Common but differentiated convergence", in Niklas Höhne, Dian Phylipsen, Simone Ullrich, Kornelis Blok, 2004: "Options for the second commitment period for the Kyoto Protocol", Research report for the German Federal Environmental Agency.
- With Detlef Sprinz 2001: "Domestic Politics and Global Climate Policy", in International Relations and Global Climate Change, edited by U. Luterbacher and D. Sprinz, Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. 67-94.
- "Klimawende oder Augenwischerei?[on the Bonn-Compromise]", in Sonne, Wind und Wärme - Journal for Renewable Energy and Decentralized Energy Supply, 9/2001:18-19.