Application - 2018 EAERE-FEEM-VIU European Summer School
The Summer School is targeted to doctoral and post-doctoral students. Admission is conditional on the presentation by each student of his/her doctoral work; therefore applicants normally need to be advanced in their PhD to have produced at least one substantive chapter, but not to have completly finished their thesis.
Application is restricted to 2018 EAERE members.
How to apply
In order to apply please fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
Mandatory documents to upload are:
- your curriculum vitae;
- a letter of reference from your supervisor;
- the first draft of the paper you would like to present - no length constraint. Full papers or extended abstracts are accepted; however, priority will be given to full papers.
Please note that mandatory documents are to be uploaded as a single pdf. file.
The deadline for applications is the February 15th, 2018.
Accepted applicants will be requested to pay a participation fee of EUR 300. The participation fee includes:
- accommodation in double rooms shared with Summer School colleagues for the duration of the School (from June 30th, 2018 for a maximum of 7 nights); single rooms can be provided on request: extra costs are to be covered by the applicant;
- breakfasts, lunches and dinners included in the School programme;
- downloadable course material;
- participation diploma.
Successful candidates will receive information about modes of payment once admitted to the School.
The School Organisers make available a limited number of scholarships for the coverage of the travel costs for participation in the School. Please indicate in the application form if you would like to apply for a scholarship.
Summer school regulations
- Application is restricted to 2018 EAERE members. Information on how to become a EAERE member is available in the EAERE website (Please note: the call for EAERE 2018 membership opens in November 2017).
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Presentation of your submitted paper is conditional on acceptance to the Summer School.
- All accepted applicants must attend the Summer School for its entire duration: they are requested to arrive on June 30th and depart after the School is over.
- All accepted applicants will be required to pay a participation fee of EUR 300.
- Accepted applicants who do not respect the stated deadlines will not be admitted.
- As the School will be conducted in English, applicants should have an adeguate working knowledge of that language.
- 15 FEB 2018: Deadline for applications.
- 1 MAR 2018: Acceptance notifications will be sent out after March 1st, 2018.
- 15 MAR 2018: Deadline for payment of the participation fee.
- 1 JUN 2018: Delivery of final papers: Final papers for presentation must be received by the Summer School Secretariat before the June 1st, 2018.
Accepted applicants who do not respect the stated deadlines will not be admitted.